Last week, I talked about the two most powerful words that changed my life forever. Check it out if you haven’t already.⇒ The Ultimate Game Changer
So I feel this week it would be appropriate for me to share with you “The Influence of Affirmation”
To Affirm (v) – to state as a fact, assert strongly and publicly
Synonym: declare, state, assert, proclaim, pronounce, attest, swear
Affirmations are tools that one can use that allows them to get closer to their goals.
Focusing on affirmations daily has the potential to support you in crossing goals off your list.
Affirmations assist us in speaking and thinking positively. We all engage in self talk whether it be positive or negative. It has been said that people engage more in negative self talk than positive self talk. I can’t speak for anyone else but as someone who monitors their thoughts daily, I must say my thoughts can be pretty negative. However, with the affirmations that I have created for myself and listen to on YouTube, for every negative thought that I have, I have 2 positive affirmations to combat them with.
Affirmations also helps when visualizing your future. Visualization is another tool that’s used when planning your life. It basically means if you can see it in your mind, it can be yours on this earth. If you have read What’s keeping you focused?, you are familiar with the areas of your life that require that type of focus.
For instance, say you want to lose 15lbs.
You may affirm:
“I choose to make healthy choices everyday.”
“I am active for at least 30 minutes per day.”
Now in your quiet time you visualize yourself buying apples, finishing that mile on the treadmill, saying no to that coworker that offers you that cookie 🙂 Eventually your visualizations will be reality and it all started with affirmations.
Use affirmations to help you in any situation where you would like to see change.
Some Tips for Affirming
- Write It All Down! Writing it makes it REAL!
- Focus on areas of your life that you know will guarantee success. Check out What’s keeping you focused? if you need some guidance
- Think of all the habits you created in each area that no longer serve you. (Smoking, negative thinking, cussing)
- Turn the negatives into positive. Next to each negative statement, combat it with a positive statement.
- Read your list of affirmations every day and night.
- Write and post your affirmations everywhere. I have affirmations in my car, my phone, post its in my house. You would be surprised how these reminders help keep you focused on the bigger picture.
and last but not least
Until Next Time
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS POST ON THE HOME PAGE. MEANING YOU TYPED IN GODDESSDIARY.COM. YOU HAVE TO PRESS ON THE TITLE TO COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE OR SUBSCRIBE, ALTHOUGH YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE POST ON HOME PAGE. IM WORKING ON THIS.